Saturday, March 31, 2012
Friday 5 FAIL
No, you weren't stuck in a time warp that transported you back to yesterday, I just didn't get around to finishing my post for yesterday. It's not that I was busy necessarily - it was just one of those days when you say "Screw it - I'm not doing anything!" and, in my mind, my wasted Friday was well deserved. Anywho, today we are changing things up a bit...rather than me posting 5 items that I have been loving this week, I'm going to post 5 things that totally completely made my week.
A bit of a change, I know. But change is a good thing.
1. I have the sweetest neighbor anyone could ever ask for. Alex and her family left for NY this morning and won't be heading back down until after Easter - Alex was so bummed that she wouldn't be here for my birthday that she baked me a birthday cake and brought it over Thursday night. She is such a sweetheart - kinda like the little sister I never had.
2. All of my clothes, shoes and purses are now happily tucked away in my amazing closet. I kid you not, you could classify this closet as a spare bedroom. Now my only problem is that I am convinced I need more clothes/purses/shoes to fill it :)
3. I have figured out in detail Hubby's plan for my bday festivities. *Evil smirk* Your guy's only hint:
4. Hubby is taking me to Busch Gardens today. It's been kind of fun playing tourist here since it is Hubby's first time in the area, but not mine. My family and I took a vacation way back in the day to Orlando and visited Disney, Busch Gardens, Epcot, Cocoa Beach...probably other places, my brain's wheels are just struggling to keep a-turnin' at this ungodly hour of 9 in the morning...with only 1/4 cup of coffee downed. I think Busch Gardens is more the less an animal attraction park if I'm remembering correctly. I suppose I could Google it, but what fun would that be!? I'll be sure to post pictures from our trip later on!
5. Last but most certainly not least, ... I really think we need a drum roll here.
I AM LEARNING HOW TO USE MY PHOTOSHOP CS3 SOFTWARE! Finally! After having it for close to 3 years, I finally created my first party printables yesterday. Are they minimal? Yes. But I actually made something with Photoshop! I'm talking literally made every aspect of these - from adjusting my pattern settings to create a checker background, to measuring out all of the margins for optimal printability to aligning everything perfectly. So pumped! Tell me what you think :)
I hope your weekend is off to a fantastical start - I'm off to get ready for our big Busch adventure today. Talk to you soon!