Thursday, March 8, 2012
Facebook No-nos You Still Don't Get
1. Constant complaining or sally sob stories. I'll admit it: I like to let out an occasional rant on Facebook just as much as the other guy, but when you are posting NUMEROUS statuses a day and they are ALL negative and whiny, we just get sick of you. Go hire a shrink - it is their job to put up with your annoying pity parties, not ours.
2. Liking literally every post by every person. For real? First of all, I hardly know you. Second, quit being lazy and just comment for goodness sake.
3. Giving us in-depth, detailed updates about your child. "Oh she is spewing chunks over everything!" "Now her green nasal drainage is getting all over my new shirt - OMG!!!!" "At 9:00 last night Baby started coughing. At 9:01 Baby decided to grab his bottle and it was so cute. At 9:02 Baby took a dump for the first time in a week - boy oh boy was it a doozy!" I thought I was friending you and not your baby.
4. Poking. Borderline sexual harassment, just saying.
5. Having ZERO profile pictures of yourself. I don't care what cartoon character you may be creepily infatuated with, nor do I want to stare at a picture of a slobbering dog's face when I am attempting to write on your wall. Let's get real here.
6. Daily pregnancy information. If we want to know, we will ask. No one wants to see your belly grow through your daily picture post, nor do we care what inanimate object your baby's size is comparable to this week. Get a blog, please. (This does not apply to family members or close friends, but still - why would you put things like this on Facebook?) This also applies to TTC updates...I personally wouldn't ever share things like that with even my friends, let alone Facebook, but I guess whatever tickles your pickle.
7. Excessively posting pictures of yourself. You didn't change overnight. I promise you there is no need.
8. Posting on your significant other's wall daily with gushy garbage. Call them or text them - no one wants to see that crap and you are polluting my news feed!
What Facebook No-Nos really grind your gears?